Our Queen Ann Style Grille for 10″ x 20″ speakers is perfect for theater room speaker systems. Frame size is 14-7/8″ x 24-3/8″. Here it is shown with a surround to accommodate the raised speaker surface.
Decorative and Replacement Speaker Grills
Achieve a great classical look by concealing in ceiling and in wall speakers with our decorative speaker grills. Any of Beaux-Artes decorative grilles can be used as replacement speaker grills for wall or ceiling speakers. There are two determining factors, the size of the speaker and whether the speaker projects out from the wall or ceiling or is flush or recessed into the wall or ceiling.
More Speaker Grille Information
In applications where the speaker is flush or recessed into the wall or ceiling, any of Beaux-Artes historic line of decorative grilles can be used if they are the correct size.
To determine the correct size, you must first measure the size of your speaker. If your speaker measures 10″ x 10″ as an example, look at Beaux-Artes grilles made to cover a 10″ x 10″ hole, notice the part number of the grille will end in 10×10.
The exterior frame measurements will measure more than 10″ x 10″ with a surrounding frame to allow installation to the wall or ceiling. Before the decorative grille is attached over the speaker, black fiberglass mesh — or some cloth commercial speaker— material should be glued or taped to the back of the grille. When installing make sure the grilles does not touch the speaker, even though our grilles are not prone to vibration. If there is a metal screen protective cover over the speaker, remove it before installing the grille. Use screws in each corner and for large grilles (over 14″ x 14″) use screws in the mid-point of each edge to install your decorative grille to the wall or ceiling.
If the speaker grill protrudes out from the wall or ceiling, then you will need to measure both the size of the speaker and the amount it protrudes from the wall or ceiling. In wall and ceiling grills frequently come with metal screen covers, which can easily be removed by inserting an ice pick — or even the point of a screw— into one of the small holes and prying up. Remove the metal grill before measuring the protrusion of the speaker. It is our experience that speakers generally protrude from the wall or ceiling by at least 1/4″ but no more than 1/2″.
When ordering your decorative grille from Beaux-Artes be sure to tell us that you will also need a custom collar — or mounting board — in a matching finish for the grille you select. The custom collar is made to fit around the speaker protrusion so that the decorative grille can be mounted flush on top of it. Collars are generally 1/4″, 3/8″ or 1/2″ in thickness. Collars are custom-sized to fit around your speaker without touching it. The outside dimensions of the collar are about a 1/2″ wider than the decorative grille on all sizes, and painted in the same finish as the grille. They provide a secure and attractive mounting platform for the decorative grille to float over your speaker without touching it.
The price depends on the size of the collar and thickness. The thicker collars come with an attractive routed Roman Ogee tapered edge to complete the look. Our decorative speaker grills definitely look as good as they sound.
1. All returns require an RMS number. Please call 410-867-0790 within two weeks of your purchase to request an RMS number. Merchandise must be returned within two weeks after receiving your RMS number.
2. There is up to a 25% restocking/handling charge on returns, based upon the list price of the item online.
3. Please insure all returns for the full list amount. If any of the returned items are damaged in shipping, you will have to collect insurance from the shipper. Refunds will not include shipping charges.
4. Items returned because they were improperly measured or ordered without reading or understanding how items are sized will be subject to a 25% restocking charge, and given a store credit. This credit can be used to re-order the correct size.
5. Orders that involve custom work, custom painting (not one of our finishes), custom cutting, or custom additions cannot be cancelled, changed or returned. Filter Grilles cut to size, Speaker Grilles with surrounds added, or any grille painted in finishes other than Beaux-Arts Classic Products standard finishes, are considered custom items. All Recessed Chandeliers are considered custom items.
6. All of our products are shipped by FedEx Ground and international by FedEx International. Some of our larger grilles are considered oversized and, therefore, assessed additional charges for crating."