The Empire Period Plaster Bell Running Ornament molding connects the side and corner ornaments. Themoulding can easily be mixed with our other period medallions, corners and side ornaments to achieve the look that is perfect for your interior.
- 1-1/2″ x 3/8″ Relief
- A Premium Finish is unique for your interior. It includes a complimentary phone and email consultation with our Artist/Designer to create your custom color palette. You will receive a sample showing your custom color palette and color placement for your approval.
- Preparation of Ceiling Medallion for Installation
- Some ceiling medallions have holes precasted in them for access to electrical boxes and some do not. Any size hole can be cut by the installer with either a drill bit or for larger holes with a saber saw. The canopy of cup of the fixture will then fit over this hole.
- The installer must now decide if the piece will be fastened to the ceiling with galvanized toggle bolts or with galvanized wood screws directly to the ceiling joists above. Concrete ceilings will require expandable lead fasteners. In any case, the installer will select from four to six drilling locations on the piece. These spots will be bored and counter sunk to accommodate the screws. The best spots will be those on the design that are think, solid and plain. the piece will then be pulled securely to the ceiling with 1/4 inch toggle bolts, no. 12 screws or concrete anchors as required.
- Pointing and Patching
- The mounted piece will be pointed around the edges and the counter sunk screw heads will be filled with plaster. The wet aint brush method of smoothing and blending the setting plaster will make the piece a fireproof extension of the ceiling.l After it dries, the piece can then be primed and finished.