Beaux-Arts Classic Products decorative Louis XIV style grilles were chosen by the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre in Cordoba, Spain; to build a float altar to be used during the holy days to walk through the community.
The Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre, or the Holy Community of the All-Holy Sepulchre, is an Eastern Orthodox monastic fraternity guarding the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and other Christian holy places in the Holy Land, founded in its present form during the British Mandate in Palestine (1920-1948).
According to its own tradition, the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre was founded in 313 as the Order of the Spoudaeoi (“studious”, “zealous”, “industrious”), or the “Spoudaeoi of the Holy Resurrection of Christ”. The traditional date of foundation corresponds to the Edict of Milan and its legalisation of Christianity in the Roman Empire, as well as the foundation of the churches in the Holy Land by Emperor Constantine and his mother, Empress Helena, which is in turn traditionally dated to 326. According to findings of contemporary researchers, they were present before 326, organised as an order of ordained clergy during the visit of Saint Helen in Jerusalem.
The Float Altar used 18 Louis XIV Style decorative grilles all in our Umber Gold finish.